MA Art Museum and Gallery Studies, Newcastle University 2020-2021
BA (Hons) Photography, First Class Honours. Edinburgh College of Art, The University of Edinburgh 2016-2020
- Acklington CofE First School - Educational Assistant
- Gigs North East - Volunteer Photographer
- The Bakehouse Gallery, Alnwick - Gallery Intern
- Talbot Rice Gallery, Edinburgh - Information Assistant for John Akomfrah's 'Vertigo Sea'
- BOOKMARKS 2019 and 2020 - board member
- CANVAS Magazine, Edinburgh - Art Panelist
- Collective F8, 2017-2019 - Co-founder
- Design Exhibition Scotland - Exhibition Assistant
- Side Gallery, Newcastle - Digitisation Volunteer
- Access to Creative Education Scotland - Educational Assistant
- ALT-D - Head of Exhibitions & Events Programming, past roles included Sponsorship Management and Press Team.
- Stills Centre For Photography - Volunteer Exhibitions Assistant.
- Stills Centre For Photography, Trainee for the project 'No Filter - Photography for 12-15 year olds'. (current)
- Amber Film & Photography Collective CIC - Non-Executive Director, Member of the Board (current).
- SIDE Gallery, Newcastle - Front of House Assistant (current).
- 'PEC' - Self-published hand-bound book made and printed by the artist. Edition of 1, 2017
- 'The Coming Soon Land' - Self-published by the artist. Edition of 1, hardcover book, 2018
- 'The Coming Soon Land' - Self-published by the artist. Edition of 35, remade as a zine, 2019
- 'Ceremonial' exhibition catalogue. Self-published with Isi Williams, 2020
- ALT-D Exhibition Catalogue, sponsored by Embassy Gallery, Ex Why Zed and Zembla. On sale now.
- Featured in CANVAS, 2018
- Featured in The Inkwell, 2018
- Featured in CANVAS, 2019
- Grain Magazine, as part of Belgrade Photo Month, 2019
- Featured in The Garden Zine and online platform, 2020. A project by Alix Villanueva with Tim Seeley, the POD and Coventry Culture Trust
- Featured in Photograd Zine 2020
- Featured in Concrete Nature, photo zine 2020.
- Of The Land And Us/Black River Issue 01 (online)
- Featured in Crave Zine, 2018
- Featured on CreativeSphere as Amber Brown Photography & Collective F8, 2018
- Featured on ECA Website as part of Collective F8, 2018
- Featured in The Edinburgh Reporter for Humans of the Walk, 2019
- Featured in June's printed Northumberland Gazette, for Earthworks, (2019
- Featured on Dry Water Arts Centre website, (2019)
- Featured in The Ambler, (2019)
- 'Ceremonial' review by LOAF magazine. 2020.
- Featured in Pink Trolley, a platform for Northern Artists, 2020.
- Featured in Source Graduate Photography Online, 2020.
- Featured on the Working Class Creatives Database, 2020.
- Featured in Photograd Online Degree Show, 2020.
- Featured in Edinburgh College of Art Online Degree Show.
- Featured in ARTMAG Review of ECA Degree Show, 2020.
- Featured in Shutterhub YEARBOOK, 2020.
- Featured in The Rattlecap, an interview on Alt_D with Michelle Wolodarsky and Isi Williams
- Q+A with Amber Brown featured on Intrepid Camera Co large format platform.
- Featured in the 'Home' issue of GUM, Glasgow University Magazine 2020.
- Press release on JackArts website, 2020.
- Featured in 'BALTIC's 'Open Submission': An Ode to Northern Artists' by Evie Lake at The Courier 2021
- BALTIC OPEN, BALTIC, Gateshead, May 19th - September 5th 2021.
- Working Class Creatives Database X Motion Sickness at Unit 15, Lion Yard, Cambridge. From July 8th onwards.
- 'DISTANCE', group exhibition at Art Spot Korin, Kyoto. September 2021. Details TBC.
- Global Justice Academy, Photography Competition 2018 - 'The Coming Soon Land' was awarded as single image winner.
- GrowWild Youth Artist Award, 2018.
- Belgrade Photo Month 2019 - 'Earthworks' shortlisted in the top 10 finalists.
- Astaire Art Prize 2019 - Shortlisted Artist.
- The George Jackson Hutchison Memorial Prize, 2019.
- Awarded The Analogue Photography Grant from The Richard and Siobhán Coward Foundation, 2020.
- Marion Cameron MacKenzie Scholarship, 2020.
- Award from The Sidney Perry Foundation for Postgraduate Education, 2020.
- Selected for the Redeye Graduate Mentoring Scheme, 2020.
- Selected for Futureproof 2020 at Street Level Photoworks.
- MA Art Museum & Gallery Studies Scholarship, Newcastle University, 2020.
- THORNFEST: turning tides, Durham, 2016
- Unfairground, Edinburgh College of Art, 2016
- Synergy Welcome Party ECA // GSA, 2017
- PhotoSoc Spring Exhibition, Whitespace Gallery, 2017
- Synergy eca//gsa Reeb00t Exhibition, 2017
- Photosoc Spring Exhibition - White Space Gallery, 2018
- Alnmouth Arts Festival, Northumberland, 2018
- Global Justice Academy, winners exhibition at Chrystal Macmillan Building, Edinburgh, 2018
- Global Justice Academy, winners exhibition at Old College, Edinburgh, 2018
- Wintertide Festival, Hartlepool, 2018
- Material Dialogues, Fire Station, Edinburgh, 2018
- Humans of the Walk - 5-12th March, Museum of Edinburgh Courtyard in collaboration with CollectiveF8, PathsForAll and HolyroodPR.
- Art in Granton 2019 at Madelvic House, 25-27th October.
- Humans Of The Walk, CollectiveF8 - 21-23rd January. Scottish Parliament.
- Humans Of The Walk, CollectiveF8 - 11th February. Scottish Government, Leith.
- Stills' Photo Market, March 7th-8th.
- Annual Open Art Exhibition, Woodhorn Museum, Northumberland. February 15th-April 19th, 2020.
- Graduate Spotlight Exhibition with Almudena Rocca. Alnwick Playhouse Online
- Alt_D The Alternative Graduate Showcase (Online).
- The Class of 2020, In The In Between (online).
- MADE IT, 2020 at Short Supply, Manchester, December 2020
- Futureproof 2020 at Street Level Photoworks online.
- This Is Not A Show, The Working Class Creatives Database X Pineapple Black, Online, April 9th-May 15th 2021.
- 'Final, not Over - again', exhibition with fellow ECA graduates at Unit 1 Gallery London, June 3rd-7th 2021
Earthworks - Dry Water Arts Centre, Amble, June 21st-July 17th 2019.
- Presenting at Futureproof 2020 Artist Talks for Street Level Photoworks, 27th November, from 23-36 minutes.
CURATION & ORGANISATION
- Site, Edinburgh College of Art, 2016
- Body As Artistic Material, Edinburgh College of Art, 2017
- ECA End Of Year Exhibition - DOK Space, 2017
- ECA 2nd Year Exhibition - Edinburgh College of Art, 2017
- ECA End of Year Exhibition - Second year, 2018
- Debutante - Collective F8, Edinburgh, 2018
- JUICE - Granton Castle Walled Gardens, 2019
- Earthworks - Dry Water Arts Centre, Amble, 2019
- Ceremonial, Tent Gallery Edinburgh, 2020.
- Buffering..., Final Year Exhibition. Edinburgh College of Art, 2020
- THIS IS TOMORROW CALLING (Wishing you were here), ALT-D at Zembla Gallery, Scottish Borders 2020
- ALT-D X JACKARTS Graduate Billboard Showcase, various venues across Edinburgh, 2020
- World So Obscured: Harmonising Natural History and Art, Digital Collaboration between AMGS Postgraduate Students, Great North Museum Hancock and The NewBridge Project.